Job Requisition:Systems Engineer/Project Engineer
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world.
As part of our company mission, we are dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores -- our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The QRC Airborne ISR Division of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity in Bridgewater, VA for a Systems Engineer/Project Engineer. In this role, you will be supporting multiple airborne programs. This position supports the Project Engineering Manager and multiple program managers by accomplishment of the tasks described below:
- Execute midsize engineering projects with aggressive timelines while interfacing with Government and industry customers and airworthiness authorities to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Apply systems engineering principles to plan, design, build, integrate, test, certify, and operationally sustain manned aircraft.
- Work closely with Program Managers to capture and derive program requirements, track and reports task statuses, and ensure tasks are executed efficiently and on schedule.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Work closely with the engineering team to plan, execute, document, and deliver airworthiness and requirements documentation for the design, production, and testing of aircraft systems.
- Work closely with the configuration management team to development and maintain aircraft configuration documentation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field with 2+ years of related systems engineering experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
- Diverse engineering experience with hardware integration programs, as well as experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Experience reading engineering drawings, both mechanical and electrical.
- Comfortable in presenting program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- A clearance is NOT required to start, but a final DoD Secret level of clearance is required. You must be able to obtain and maintain this level of clearance.
- 15% Required Travel: Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support program events.
- Must have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
- Knowledge and experience AR 70-62 or other Military or Civil airworthiness certifications processes.
- Technical Master’s Degree.
- INCOSE ASEP/CSEP or DODAF certified or PMP Certified
- Active Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.