Job Requisition:Business Development Manager
Leidos is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Defense Maritime Operations and Logistics Business Development team. This individual will interface with domestic U.S. Defense and Intelligence customers.
Responsibilities include supporting various campaign business strategies, growing the pipeline and capturing new business in the Navy customer segment. This individual will focus primarily on engineering, operations, logistics, mission support, and technical services within NAVAIR, NAVSEA, SPAWAR (PEO Space, SFFA) and their field activities, CNI and MSC.
- Support the integration and partnership with the other Leidos LoBs to develop focused market strategies and support the development of the respective long range plans
- Support Leidos M-OLS TS business interests and related activities with; Leidos Corporate, Washington Operations, Corporate Business Development, Corporate Strategic Development, Corporate CTO, Corporate Treasury and others as required
- Assess and build effective customer relationships both externally and throughout the organization
- Continue to evolve BD organization and develop leaders to support business area growth
- Measures of effectiveness of the individual in this position will include:
- Ability to identify, qualify, shape and win new business opportunities
- Ability to establish market focused growth strategies
- Develop and grow the new business pipeline
- Capture profitable and strategic new business
- Build strong internal and external teams
- Ability to penetrate new and adjacent markets
- Understand Foreign Military Sales
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of professional experience; or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Successful business development experience within industry base
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
- Experience in milestone/gate review process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Proclivity towards teaming and collaboration--must be a team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and execute successful customer call plans is required.
- Must have Foreign Military Sales experience
- Operations Research, Efficiency expertise
- Experience in the INDOPACOM and CENTCOM Areas of Responsibility
- US Navy or other DoD Military Service
- Command experience highly desired, Destroyer, Squadron, Battalion or Higher
- Experience in DoD Program Objective Memorandum preparation and/or analysis
- Missile Defense expertise
- Experience in program management, project management, and/or capture management:
- Prior Military Experience
- Domestic & International experience
- Experience managing teams
- Ability to meet schedule and budgets skills
- Experience with NAVSEA, NAVAIR, CNI SPAWAR and OPNAV
- Experience with Washington Navy Yard customers
- Experience with Navy RMCs/FRCs/FLCs.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development3000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.