The Defense group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Cloud Engineer to join a team responsible for transforming the application footprint of the Air Force from legacy data centers to commercial cloud environments in AWS and Azure. This is a teleworking opportunity to work remote.
Leidos has supported the GCSS-AF team for more than a decade, and the contract is at the forefront of leading the charge in to the CCE (Common Computing Environment), utilizing multiple migration partners and multiple commercial clouds.
We are looking for an experienced software/systems engineering professional with working knowledge of popular programming languages like Java, C++, .NET and web technologies with focus on Cloud Service Providers including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This position will be responsible for interviewing clients to understand application and infrastructure current state, leading working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze application and information to work into cloud migration action plans.
The engineer will be a key member of our cloud outreach and onboarding team, and will be responsible to collaborate closely with internal Leidos and subcontractor teams to include cloud architects, developers, and information assurance, as well as with customers to develop the best approaches for re-factoring, migrating, and maintaining applications in a cost-effective, repeatable, secure, scalable, and maintainable way. Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in customer engagement calls and email discussions to provide technical guidance and support around cloud migration processes and design patterns.
- Assist and educate customers and stakeholders on the cloud migration process.
- Assist customers with determining hosting requirements.
- Provide technical advice services to assist customers with understanding the potential scope for refactoring their applications.
- Identify appropriate levels of security for the applications.
- High-level technical assessment, using artifacts and scanning tools (eg, CAST), for applications being considered for cloud migration.
- Review and analyze applications for complexity of cloud migration and denote possible challenges for migration teams.
- Continual learning around the latest cloud service provider offerings, containers, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Knowledge of Agile and DevSecOps processes and activities as it relates to project activities.
- Manage software scanning and profiling tool to improve detection of application security vulnerabilities, cloud readiness, and provide a baseline reference for application modernization efforts.
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Proficient in Cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
- Experience in Java and web technologies
- Experience with RDBMS preferred (e.g. SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with system migrations
- Excellent client relations skills and communication
- Self-motivated and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to work independently in a remote or telework environment if needed
- Experience in Team collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Experience in source code management tools & artifact management (e.g. Git / BitBucket etc.)
- Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages
- Solid time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement multiple initiatives and deadline-driven workloads while consistently providing outstanding customer service.
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
- Must have and active DoD Secret security clearance (SSBI preferred)
- Security+ or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner
- Advanced understanding of infrastructure technologies - server (Windows, Linux), database (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL), network, storage, security, and management technologies
- 3+ years of technical experience with Cloud Technologies including AWS, Azure, and hybrid Cloud architectures
- 3+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of application re-factoring/re-hosting and migration
- Demonstrated usage of Agile and DevSecOps processes and activities on project execution.