The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze requirements and use sound engineering principles to design and develop 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for production of various aircraft modifications.
- Implement drawing redlines using an established configuration management process.
- Document design requirements and decisions using certified AS9100D processes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Help develop/implement procedures to improve team performance and efficiency.
- Perform drawing/model reviews of fellow peers to ensure quality of work.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 0-2 years of experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software. SolidWorks is preferred, other programs may include Inventor, NX, Solid Edge, Creo, Pro/E, etc.
- Experience designing structural components and/or sheet metal products.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication skills.
- Excellent conceptual visualization skills.
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, standing, and lifting weights.
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics.
- Preferred Qualifications:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Experience using Rhinoceros 5 or other surface based modeling software.
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 quality management processes.
- Experience designing for DoD customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft structures.
- SolidWorks Certified Professional
- Experience using a PDM/Vault system.
- Experience in a design/production environment.
- Active Secret clearance.