The Defense group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Cloud Transition Lead to work at the Hanscom, AFB near Boston, MA. This lead will be proficient in application migration to join a team responsible for transforming the application footprint of the Air Force from legacy data centers to commercial cloud environments in AWS and Azure for the Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operations.
Leidos has supported the GCSS-AF team for more than a decade, and the contract is at the forefront of leading the charge in to the CCE (Common Computing Environment), utilizing multiple migration partners and multiple commercial clouds.
You'll be working with leaders from Government, industry, and Leidos who are on the forefront of supporting key cloud enablement strategies for the US Air Force. This position is key to continued success and will be expected to work closely with application migration and software factory teams, customer experts, and Leidos leadership. We need someone who desires to build the best company in the industry and embraces a company culture that moves quickly, acts decisively and communicates openly.
We are looking for an experienced systems engineering professional with broad working knowledge of software development processes and web technologies used for solutions running in Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). You'll also be working with technology solutions that have been deployed successfully and helping us develop new and innovative solutions moving forward. Successful engagement will result in additional career development opportunities and technical leadership rotations supporting our most technically challenging programs in the corporation.
- Lead a team of engineers and outreach professionals focused on educating customers on the benefits of the cloud and guiding their transition to the Amazon Web Services and other cloud provider environments
- Create a structure and a team that is able to act as subject matter experts on the transition from on premise data centers to the cloud
- Proactively engage with hundreds of customers and mission application owners, creating a pipeline of applications to migrate in to the Air Force's cloud environment
- Engage in industry networking events in the local market, representing the program team and its mission in serving the customer
- Lead implementation of small projects, to include website redesigns and enhancements that better provide information on the cloud to AF customers and to the Hanscom CCE PMO utilizing Agile and DevOps processes.
- Bring new and innovative ways to report data and increase communication channels to our customer
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Intimately understand our Enterprise IT as a Service offerings, to include IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. Our offerings are based on industry standard public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure and best of breed security software from vendors.
- Up to 25% to travel to customer sites. While we centralize the workload out of our Hanscom AFB office, the position requires some travel to Dayton, OH, Montgomery, AL, Charlottesville, VA, and National Capital Region or alternate sites for meetings and collaboration
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Artifactory, GitHub, Ansible, Chef, and Jenkins, as well as helping companies roll out sound DevOps processes and practices is critical
- 4+ years of hands on experience in a specific technology practice (Software Development, Infrastructure, Network, Storage, Servers, Security, Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Minimum of three years of experience in a customer facing role (professional services, support, etc.) and the ability to manage customer relationships up to the senior/executive level is critical
- Ability to help direct a team of Cloud Engineers, DevOps, and Jr Cloud Engineers while running projects for customers
- Experience in designing, building or supporting a hosted software products /services
- Expertise in the Atlassian tool suite, to include JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and DevOps processes, (certifications desired but not required)
- Be a 'jack of all trades' and love working with exciting new technologies and customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Visio
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete IT or software development projects and work under tight timelines.
- Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches
- Experience estimating technical and operations costs within the DoD Cloud
- Experience identifying and assessing business impacts to proposed changes to a technical solution or enterprise operations
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
Personal attributes and values:
- Written and oral communication skills - ability to communicate technical concepts and support assertions with data
- Organizational skills - ability to coordinate and prioritize many issues simultaneously
- Analytical/Problem-solving ability - ability to quickly evaluate an issue, resolve it or implement a workaround with consistent accuracy and success
- High Sense of Urgency - This job entails supporting business critical applications
- "Can do" attitude and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere