Job Requisition:Full Stack Developer (NASA ISS)
Leidos has a contingent opening for a mid-level, Full Stack Developer supporting the International Space Station Program. This position is contingent on contract extension of the Orion contract. This position will be responsible for supporting existing custom web applications and databases and developing new custom applications in support of International Space Station support contracts including the Cargo Mission Contract.
- Work both individually and in a team environment to deliver high quality code that is maintainable, readable, and adheres to best practices and coding standards.
- Develop new line of business and customer facing software systems
- Develop enhancements and maintain line of business and customer facing software systems
- Provide support for custom and COTS applications as issues are escalated
- Collaborate with the IT team to complete projects
- Completes special projects upon requests, and other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and Required Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications
- Dynamic web application development experience with large-scale transaction processing requirements.
- Developing applications in Visual Studio and use of Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Deep commitment to test driven development and maintaining code quality
- Strong collaboration, communication and team engagement skills
- Experience with consuming and creating RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with continuous integration/delivery principles and practices
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.