Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer / System Integrator who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology.
Specifically you will be working on teams responsible for developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control System by helping to design, develop, document, and execute test cases. The environment is testing on a UNIX/Linux platform. Familiarity with UNIX, networking, multi-threaded programming and Linux environment beneficial.
Working as a member of a team and independently, the successful candidate will be participating in:
• Developing test plans and procedures
• Developing, testing, and validating test scenarios
• Executing tests in the Lab and Virtual Test Lab (VTL)
• Performing data analysis necessary to verify test results and Problem Report (PR) fixes
• Identifying software and system issues across the various system functions and threads
• Delivering high quality work products on or ahead of schedule
• Following all documented test processes
• Following test processes and using the most efficient methods to deliver a quality product.
The successful candidate will possess advanced integration skills and the ability to work independently in the following 3 categories of integration:
• New system functionality integration
• PR verification
• Regression testing
• Data Reduction & Analysis
• Analyze identified issues and help determine a solution with System Engineering and Software
• Typically requires Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, System Engineering/Industrial and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Knowledge/Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Problem Determination
• Strong integration skills
• Air Traffic Knowledge
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written