At Leidos, we offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. Our Defense Group is looking for a Project Management Analyst to support our program at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
The Project Management Analyst will provide support to the customer, project team and PM in the areas of equipment sourcing, material purchasing and inventory management. The successful candidate will also support development efforts for the web-based material purchasing tool InView.
- Develop and maintain business process requirements and interface with buyers, managers, customers, software developers, and others to ensure business processes are running smoothly.
- Work with customer and program team to manage purchasing priorities on a daily basis.
- Support procurement workflow responsibilities, to include technical reviews, compiling brand-name justifications, tracking metrics, and funding transfers and allocations.
- Monitor individual orders as they move through the procurement workflow to ensure metrics are met and order data is accurate. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with schedule or quality as needed.
- Prepare reports for PM and external stakeholders using SQL queries and/or Excel pivot tables.
- Manage inView Help Desk operation by serving as a website administrator that includes user account processing, project code maintenance, creation of ad hoc lists and reports, maintenance of computer xml scripts, monitoring user work flow operations, and monitoring of ingest data. Monitor progress of all open tickets
- Participate in analysis, design, and testing for inView application:
- Work with the software development team in refining requirements to solve business issues and replicate business rules.
- Plan, create and review specifications for information systems designers.
- Develop and deliver user training.
- Develop, test, and maintain user manual/work instructions/procedures.
- Perform other system and acceptance tasks as required.
- Suggest application changes based on business rule changes and customer needs.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Accounting or a related scientific/technical discipline with 5-8 years' experience. An additional 4 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to work with customers and program team to identify and shift priorities as needed to meet project schedules.
- Ability to develop/conduct database queries and analyze data to provide PM and customer with information about order statuses and funding transactions.
- Ability to track ongoing actions (for example, material rejection reports, funding updates, help tickets) to closure.
- Ability to identify improvement enhancements to purchasing system, and work with software developer to identify requirements for implementation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be organized in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Per contractual requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required; active Secret clearance
- Experience with utilizing SQL, VBA, and Excel (to include pivot tables) to generate existing reports and create new reports based on program requirements.
- Experience with material purchasing processes in support of government contracts.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle processes, logistics management websites, report writing tools Microsoft Reporting Services and IBM Cognos, and basic database structures.