Leidos is seeking a Jr. Software Developer in New Orleans, LA or Little Rock, AR. The successful candidate will design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
- Work directly with client customers to provide world-class Application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
- Ability to review of software requirements and prepare/review of test plans, prepare/review of test cases, execute tests, reporting of defects, and preparation of test reports using resting methodology.
- Design, code and deliver new applications and application enhancements in multiple platforms (.NET, SQL Server, Visual Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, Powershell)
- Configure, Install, and Implement Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) vendor computer solutions.
- Lead small enhancement projects including application upgrades and COTS installations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree with 1-3 years of experience- 6+ months experience working on a support and development team preferred
- Be able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
- Be able to perform duties without immediate supervision
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess excellent inter-personnel skills
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: Windows and basic Microsoft Office Suite, Java, C++, VB6, .NET, HTML, SQL, Autosys, SFTP, Version control, testing methodologies.- C#.Net Programming; SQL/Oracle Programming, SQL Agent/SQL Jobs; Database Design: SQL triggers, functions, procedures, views; ASP.NET; .NET Windows Services; .NET Web Services; Developing project estimates, requirements documents, and design documents; SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services; Crystal Reports; Visual Studio (all versions); SQL Server Management Studio; SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio; Toad