At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world.
As part of our company mission, we are dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The QRC Airborne ISR Division of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity in Bridgewater, VA for a Systems Engineer. In this role, you will be supporting multiple airborne programs. This position supports the Project Engineering Manager and multiple program managers by accomplishment of the tasks described below:
- Execute midsize engineering projects with aggressive timelines while interfacing with Government and industry customers and airworthiness authorities to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Applies systems engineering principles to plan, design, build, integrate, test, certify, and operationally sustain manned aircraft.
- Works closely with Program Managers to capture and derive program requirements, track and reports task statuses, and ensure tasks are executed efficiently and on schedule.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Work closely with the engineering team to plan, execute, document, and deliver airworthiness and requirements documentation for the design, production, and testing of aircraft systems.
- Work closely with the configuration management team to development and maintain aircraft configuration documentation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field with 2+ years of related systems engineering experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
- Diverse engineering experience with hardware integration programs, as well as experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Experience reading engineering drawings, both mechanical and electrical.
- Comfortable in presenting program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- A clearance is NOT required to start, but a final DoD Secret level of clearance is required. You must be able to obtain and maintain this level of clearance.
- 15% Required Travel: Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support program events.
- Must have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
- Knowledge and experience AR 70-62 or other Military or Civil airworthiness certifications processes.
- Technical Master's Degree.
- INCOSE ASEP/CSEP or DODAF certified or PMP Certified
- Active Secret clearance