Leidos is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Defense Maritime Operations and Logistics Business Development team. This individual will interface with domestic U.S. Defense and Intelligence customers.
Responsibilities include supporting various campaign business strategies, growing the pipeline and capturing new business in the Navy customer segment. This individual will focus primarily on engineering, operations, logistics, mission support, and technical services within NAVAIR, NAVSEA, SPAWAR (PEO Space, SFFA) and their field activities, CNI and MSC.
- Support the integration and partnership with the other Leidos LoBs to develop focused market strategies and support the development of the respective long range plans
- Support Leidos M-OLS TS business interests and related activities with; Leidos Corporate, Washington Operations, Corporate Business Development, Corporate Strategic Development, Corporate CTO, Corporate Treasury and others as required
- Assess and build effective customer relationships both externally and throughout the organization
- Continue to evolve BD organization and develop leaders to support business area growth
- Measures of effectiveness of the individual in this position will include:
- Ability to identify, qualify, shape and win new business opportunities
- Ability to establish market focused growth strategies
- Develop and grow the new business pipeline
- Capture profitable and strategic new business
- Build strong internal and external teams
- Ability to penetrate new and adjacent markets
- Understand Foreign Military Sales
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of professional experience; or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Successful business development experience within industry base
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
- Experience in milestone/gate review process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Proclivity towards teaming and collaborationmust be a team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and execute successful customer call plans is required.
- Must have Foreign Military Sales experience
- Operations Research, Efficiency expertise
- Experience in the INDOPACOM and CENTCOM Areas of Responsibility
- US Navy or other DoD Military Service
- Command experience highly desired, Destroyer, Squadron, Battalion or Higher
- Experience in DoD Program Objective Memorandum preparation and/or analysis
- Missile Defense expertise
- Experience in program management, project management, and/or capture management:
- Prior Military Experience
- Domestic & International experience
- Experience managing teams
- Ability to meet schedule and budgets skills
- Experience with NAVSEA, NAVAIR, CNI SPAWAR and OPNAV
- Experience with Washington Navy Yard customers
- Experience with Navy RMCs/FRCs/FLCs.