The Leidos Defense & Intelligence group is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to assist with standing up and contributing to testing, development, and operations environments for a government customer. This role will support a full range of systems engineering activities, including requirements analysis, cost control methodologies, Engineering Review activities, and special projects that will require individual ownership of program level design implementations.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop knowledge of the program's functional capabilities including system and derived requirements. Understand how individual components effect the requirements.
- Collaborate with team leads to plan and manage requirements
- Manage system requirements to achieve epic goals
- Update systems engineering artifacts including but not limited to: ConOps, Requirements Analysis, User Guides, and System View Diagrams
- Manage requirements and ensure traceability
- Understand and interpret system requirements to ensure procedures satisfy verification of the functionality
- Development and maintenance of program architectural diagrams
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation creation (VDDs, diagrams, etc.)
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Security Clearance, with ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph post hire
- Requires BS in Engineering (or a related discipline) and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience; OR an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with ArcGIS automation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance versus cost management
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Familiar with cross domain architectures at various levels
- Experience with automated testing and monitoring
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management