Leidos is looking for qualified candidate to provide, on average, 20 TEMPEST Countermeasures Reviews and contribute to or publish 75 technical evaluations annually. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance and willingness to obtain a Polygraph is REQUIRED for consideration.
The TEMPEST Specialist will ensure all required reports are complete with minimal errors and that all processes, activities, and report are conducted within established time frames. Will ensure required Hazard reporting and annual training requirements are conducted and completed according to DoD policies and those of the government Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA).
- Assist the Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA) in implementing the customer TEMPEST program, analyze requirements and develop required program and processes for controlling compromising emanations from customer equipment and facilities (to include customer contractor sites), and interpret security policy and regulations governing TEMPEST.
- Ensure all TEMPEST staff are fully qualified to meet customer TEMPEST mission requirements.
- Reach out to customers to gather all necessary information, to include wiring diagrams, equipment specifications required to complete the TEMPEST risk matrix, TEMPEST checklist, Protective Distribution System (PDS) approval request, and TEMPEST Countermeasure Reviews. When required by the TEMPEST Lead, the technician must complete visual TEMPEST inspections and TEMPEST testing of customer facilities, systems, and equipment, to include SCIFs and PDS.
- Maintain all TEMPEST qualifications required to conduct the visual TEMPEST Inspections and TEMPEST tests. The specialist must maintain all TEMPEST test equipment and coordinate repairs and calibrations as required. The technician must also represent the TEMPEST Lead in meetings or briefs relating to customer facilities, systems, and equipment that process classified information and provide the lead with details necessary to properly assess the scope as related to TEMPEST.
- Shall complete a minimum of 40 hours per annum of proficiency training in TEMPEST, Technical Security or other relevant general security fields each fiscal year. The customer will sponsor Government-offered proficiency training IAW National and DoD standards.
- Support TEMPEST daily operations. Those duties include:
- Maintaining and ensuring accuracy of the customer TEMPEST Risk Matrix.
- Ensure completion of all TEMPEST checklists, PDS approval requests, and TEMPEST Countermeasure Reviews occurs within established timeframes.
- Ensure adherence to National, DoD, and Agency regulations and instructions as it relates to TEMPEST.
- Ensure missions, to include visual TEMPEST inspections and TEMPEST tests, are appropriately staffed, funded, and equipped.
- Ensure TEMPEST team is fully trained and qualified per National, DoD, and Agency regulations and instructions.
- Execute the TEMPEST Daily Operations.
- Perform Radio Frequency signal of interest searches. Those duties include:
- Assess and locate signals of interested discovered during surveys, system notification and wireless operations.
- Collaborate with appropriate entities to develop wireless security systems. Identify potential enterprise and tactical wireless security systems.
- Develop, update and maintain wireless security concept of operations.
- Identify potential opportunities for partnership across the Agency for wireless security concerns.
- Recommend and provide guidance for Agency security elements. Those duties include:
- Provide recommendations and guidance for new processes and systems.
- Assist in determining best practices related to IPMS and wireless efforts.
- Ensure wireless technicians understand and comply with wireless regulations.
- Report wireless issues discovered during the conduct of wireless operations.
- Ensure that TEMPEST reviews are conducted in accordance with National policy and DoD directives.
- Coordinate TEMPEST accreditation activities for facilities and contractor sites.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to the Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA) on countermeasures consistent with National policy and operational requirements.
- Prepare estimates on proper implementation of TEMPEST countermeasures and technologies to support the TSCM mission.
- Establish and continually update baseline requirements for TEMPEST by identifying facilities and contractor sites requiring review.
- Maintain appropriate records, to include inspectable space determinations, TEMPEST review guidance, TEMPEST accreditations and waivers.
- Conduct inspections and perform site assistance visits, as required.
- Possess awareness of National policies and DoD polices regarding TEMPEST (e.g. National Security Telecommunications & Information System - policy and instruction, etc.).
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance and be able to obtain a polygraph level clearance after hire
- Shall have at least 8 years of experience in a CI or Security related field, of which at least 5 of these years include TEMPEST experience.
- Shall possess the National TEMPEST School certifications in TEMPEST Fundamentals and RED/BLACK Installation Guidance courses.
- Shall possess National TEMPEST School certifications in TEMPEST testing courses (Lab, Field, and NONSTOP).
- Shall possess a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.
- Possess TEMPEST Professional (CTP) 1&2 (both) certifications.
- Completed NCSC ICD 705 Course.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics disciplines.
- Be a credentialed graduate of an accredited federal or DoD CI training academy.
"External Referral Eligible"