Job Requisition:Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to work with the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Soldier Center (SC) in Natick, MA. The candidate will be integrated into a highly dynamic team supporting aerial delivery equipment and systems: the Aerial Delivery Engineering Support Team (ADEST) of the Aerial Delivery Directorate (ADD). The candidate responsibilities include; testing and analysis of mechanical systems, verification of system performance, participation in product quality discrepancy report investigations, prepare engineering change proposals, be able to provide root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems, provide technical reviews of drawing packages, specifications and technical manuals.
- Provide day to day on-site Program Management and Systems Engineering Support services, that include, but are not limited to, assisting the Project Officers and Acquisition Specialist in all activities related to capability acquisition to include writing and reviewing related program documents, tracking contracting actions, and providing up to date status information.
- Participate in product quality discrepancy report investigations (approximately 25 per year).
- Prepare Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) (approximately 8 per year).
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with root cause analysis and corrective action development related to fielded helicopter sling load equipment, and personnel and cargo parachute systems. Provide technical reviews of drawing packages, specifications, and technical/field manuals within 30 days.
- Disposition request for waivers and deviations (approximately 75 per year).
- Participate in parachute and airdrop equipment design reviews (approximately 2 per year).
- Provide technical expertise, with experience in aerial delivery rigging, to support engineering assessment with responsibilities to include engineering assessments of aerial delivery items, inspection of first article test samples, testing of airdrop hardware, and developing airdrop and helicopter sling load rigging procedures.
BS and 4-8 years of experience or Masters with 2-6 years of experience
Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Strong attention to detail
Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
Excellent analytical and technical skills
Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
Proficiency in software programs such as AutoCAD, Labview and Solidworks.
Project management experience with multifunctional responsibilities is a plus.
Knowledge of Aerial Delivery Systems/Airdrop Programs is plus.
External Referral Eligible.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.