Leidos has an opening for a Information Technology Project Manager (Cyber) in Portsmouth, Ohio. This is a high-level program management position responsible for analyzing and directing all IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for all staff assigned to the IT department, including Help Desk, Systems and Network Administration and Cyber Security personnel. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure a streamlined operation in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost effective technology solutions and cyber security requirements for all aspects of the organization.
- Define and implement IT and cyber-related policies, procedures, and best practices for the organization.
- Ensure implementation of all IT and Cyber requirements as defined by customer contract.
- Lead operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Maintain a current understanding of all applicable Federal and Department of Energy (DOE) regulations and provide interpretation to the site.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services supporting a population of ~2500 users
- Remain conversant with the industry's computer security technology and practices.
- Manage financial aspects of the program, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Lead staffing actions, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting co-workers of such requirements as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Bachelor's Degree in information Technology, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 10 years of direct work experience reflecting demonstrated ability is required
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of experience in managing end-user support, help desk, and technical operations.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and senior level customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff (20 persons or more) of various labor categories and skills and a large group of subcontractors to deliver IT Services
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Related industry-recognized certifications including PMP, Security + and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) are desired.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL
- Active TOP SECRET clearance