The Defense Group at Leidos is c urrently seeking an experienced Baseband Technician to provide, implementation, maintaining, and support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc. 1). You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet PM-WIN-T objectives both current and future improvements. WIN-T Inc. 1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data, and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment. The system currently includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs) Virtual Server Stack (VSS) Battle Field Teleconference III (BVTC III).
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS, VMWare, Brocade Switches)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot-fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience on related WIN-T systems
- Knowledge of Switching/Routing
- Fundamental understanding of Cisco routing and switching.
- (min CCNA level) Fundamental understanding of virtualization using a Type 1 hypervisor.
- (H.323 SCCP and SIP) Experience with KG175D and KG250X Inline Network Encryptors. (INE) GATR systems experience Inflatable Satellite antenna experience.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016. (Used for Radius Authentication)Ability to travel up to 60%.
- Call Manager Express (CME) experience is desired
- Linux experience is desired