Leidos has a career opening for a System Administrator II (Night Shift) in Laurel, MD.
Role includes: IT support, systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and 24x7x365 multi-tiered support to mission-focused offices. Support will be provided on a 24 hour/ 7 day a week basis complying with the shift schedule detailed within the associated TTO. This position is to be considered Emergency Essential, providing support during closures and Federal Government Holidays. Hours for this position are 5pm-5am on a rotating schedule-two days on two days off (shift differential pay).
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 5 years of additional systems administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• 5 years' experience as a systems administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
• Must have 3 years' experience supporting the IT systems/infrastructure of a Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) organization.
• Must have one of the following certifications before starting the contract:
-Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification
-COMPTIA Linux + Certification
-Linux Professional Institute Certification (Level 1 or higher) or
-Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification
-Must be U.S. Citizens
• Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
**External referral eligible**