Leidos is seeking a Distribution Designer with 2 - 4 years of experience with electrical construction experience, or with an electric utility or design consultant with design experience.
Leidos Engineering offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
• Assessment and development of design packages for overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications.
• Coordination with 3rd party utilities.
• Work permit development, ensuring quality control and maintaining compliance with project scope.
• Schedule and budget.
• Work assignments may include travelling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the metropolitan Seattle area to conduct field investigations.
• Assignments may include conducting field investigations of overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
• Use of a telescoping measurement stick to take vertical measurements of overhead communications & cable television conductors attached to wood utility poles.
• Use of a laser range finder, a camera, and a GPS device may be required, as necessary. As needed, training on use of field measurement devices will be provided to the successful candidate
• Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
• Prefer Associate of Science in Engineering Technology or equivalent and 4-8 years' experience with electrical construction, electric utility and/or design consultant. Or a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology or equivalent and 2-4 years' experience. 7-14 years' experience in lieu of degree will also be considered.
• Familiarity with AutoCad design software is a plus. Familiarity with PSE and NESC standards is a plus.
• Ability to follow safe work practices, prescribed standards and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds
• Must be able to walk long distances in an outdoor environment
• Working from the Leidos or client office will be required.
**Candidates with experience that exceeds the listed requirements may be considered for a higher level position