The Defense Group within Leidos has an opening for a skilled Carpenter to provide Training Range Maintenance and Repair support at a government facility on Joint Expeditionary Base (JEB)-Fort Story, in Virginia Beach, VA. The carpenter must be able to:
1) Complete all aspects of small to mid-sized carpentry construction projects from planning to completion, to include creating accurate supply lists, rough construction and finish work
2) Provide advice to and take direction and adjustment from supported customers at all stages of a project
3) Work and complete projects independently and with another similarly skilled carpenter, or as a larger, multi-functional team coordinating with other tradesmen or planning personnel.
4) Travel up to 10% of the time to an alternate work location 2-3 hours away may be required
This position will provide daily carpentry construction support, primary duties include:
- Rebuild damaged/destroyed EOD training structures and training areas following dynamic training scenarios, preparing them for reuse by oncoming EOD platoons.
- Perform routine maintenance to the EOD demolitions range in accordance with NAVSEA OP-5.
- Provide improvements to existing training structures and training areas.
- Construct new training structures and training areas.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Prior military construction rating or MOS (or civilian equivalent)
- Minimum of 5+ years of knowledge and experience in carpentry construction support
- Prior experience with the US Navy
- Military construction
- Firing, explosives or demolition range maintenance