Job Requisition:Infection Preventionist
The Health Group of Leidos is seeking an Infection Preventionist in Atlanta, GA in support of our work with the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) contract at the CDC.
The candidate will work with the healthcare associated infection (HAI) surveillance program to monitor programmatic quality; communicate with project areas regarding study activities and protocols; analyze data for reports, presentations and publications; assist in the review of study data for data quality; organizes study files, including data and correspondence files; perform scientific, medical and research literature searches in fields including but not limited to Behavioral and Social Sciences, Epidemiology, and Laboratory and prepares slides for scientific presentations; provides analytic support to multi-disciplinary teams in order to accomplish public health research and program goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In response to inquiries, provides NHSN user support regarding procedures for correctly applying CDC HAI definitions and criteria and data entry. Identifies user/system issues requiring system modifications and prioritizes, escalates and contributes to response.
- Prepares and presents educational trainings about NHSN to professional organizations and governmental bodies at national, state and local levels.
- Assists/leads the development of new NHSN modules, providing subject matter expertise related to HAI surveillance.
- Identifies and creates necessary NHSN module/manual updates resulting from technological advancements, infection/disease trends, changing or broadening IP/nursing responsibilities or yearly updates of system components (International Classification of Diseases 9th Revision Clinical Modifications [ICD-9-CM]).
- Works with appropriate CDC staff to provide the infection preventionist (IP)/nursing perspective related to HAI policy and guideline development. Writes/reviews new training/educational documents, including the NHSN Newsletter. Ensures consistency of training documents with CDC, Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC), and other related organizations/governmental bodies.
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to national infection prevention/nursing organizations in order to support their HAI prevention/control activities and to promote DHQP policies and initiatives.
- Leads/assists in NHSN data cleaning projects to improve the quality of NHSN product.
- When requested, participates in temporary details as part of epidemiological investigation, research and other technical assistance teams.
- Reviews current published literature on HAI IP/nursing-related issues and notifies appropriate staff when new significant developments or issues appear. Prepares articles/abstracts or critiques on articles on HAI prevention/control and surveillance in medical, nursing and infection prevention and control journals, public health journals, MMWR, newsletters of national IP/nursing organizations, and other publications.
- Participates, as requested, in special DHQP studies or projects.
- BA/BS/BSN degree. Degree should be in a health related discipline
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience, of which approximately five (5) years must be specialized in the area of Infection Prevention and Control.
- US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a NACI clearance
- Infection Control Certification is highly desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.