The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an anticipated opening for a Windows System Administrator to work at a Customer Site in Springfield, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. This individual will be responsible for managing system administration support activities for a large complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails developing solutions for system engineering requests to meet operational needs as well as deploying and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment. The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple air-gapped systems which have individual domains and supporting infrastructure and managing a complex IT environment with multiple logins and associated supporting storage and network infrastructure. Position requires an energetic, focused, and driven candidate who can adapt well to a changing environment. Ideally, the selected candidate will possess networking skills or must have the ability to learn and complete various network-centric undertakings.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- This individual will be responsible for installing and administrating systems, applications, and processes and ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. He/she will be responsible for ensuring server and desktop configuration configurations are optimized and running continuously and efficiently, and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Windows Microsoft-based servers and workstations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining complex server enclaves, including establishing system scanning
- procedures, vulnerability management assessments, and active directory configurations.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and leading IT optimization projects.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems and developing re-work solutions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of complex server/network environments to ensure that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available for incident resolution.
- Lead working groups that providing technical direction for system administrators and Engineering groups.
- Communicating with users and external support personnel regarding system outages and upgrades, and conferring with upper management regarding recommended resolution options.
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- DoD 8570 certification (Security +).
- Experience administering Linux and Unix systems.
- Familiarity with Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Server 2016.
- Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must have experience providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Must have experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Preferred certifications CCNA, CCNA Security, RHCE, Network +.
- Solid understanding of Red Hat 6.5 and Red Hat 7.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards.
- Experience with High Assurance platforms.
- Experience with application integration testing methods.
- Experience with software deployment methods for applications, patches, and operating systems.
- Experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
- Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments.