The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Database Manager to work at the Navy Nuclear Power Training Command, Goose Creek, SC. This is an opportunity to use your experience to help Leidos support the Fluor Marine Propulsion (FMP) LLC Training Programs and Technologies - Computer-Based Training Development Personnel subcontract. In this subcontract we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced Navy Nuclear Power technicians, and Navy Nuclear Propulsion subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) products used in the Navy's self-paced nuclear power plant training program. The successful candidate will use their database skills in developing, populating, managing, and transforming databases used to track nuclear power trainees' academic progress. Candidate will be performing database management related activities such as design, development and testing. Requires the understanding and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of databases and has understanding of other related areas. Assists in developing solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require technical knowledge. Assists in developing training software and corresponding programs using third-party software. Can interface with customer personnel to review status of work in progress, discuss new work and help define solutions.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology with five (5) years of professional experience or equivalent combined Education / experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be proficient in the development of interactive software applications using object-oriented software (e.g., C# or C++), methodologies and practices.
- Must be experienced in the development and maintenance of business software applications, systems and products involving interactive user interfaces.
- Must work with the FMP's subject matter experts to generate technical specifications to implement desired functionality/interactivity into software applications.
- Must be proficient in the development and maintenance of business software applications.
- Must assist FMP in the design and development of interactive software applications,
- including the recommendation of methods and software.
- Must have an active or current US Final Secret (or higher) security clearance to start work.
- Software development experience in C#, C++
- Knowledge / familiarity with the following:
- SQL and Oracle databases
- Visual Studio
- Entity Framework
- Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with Navy Nuclear Power Training Program is a plus.
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work as a member of a virtual team.
- Hands-on experience managing databases for any of the Armed Forces is a plus.
- Active or current DoE L or Q clearance is a plus.