Leidos is seeking an Audio Engineer to support an exciting new technical program within the Mission Solutions Operation. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.Primary Responsibilities
- Candidate must have experience and demonstrated expertise in speech processing and filtering, audio signal processing and the electronic manipulation of audio signals, analog to digital conversion, audio data compression, dynamic range compression, signal to noise optimization, and automated detection algorithms.
- Successful candidate will work as a member of a systems engineer team in a subject matter expert role helping to define technical solutions to larger system designs.
- Responsibilities include technology tracking and road mapping, developing solutions and requirements for audio system implementations, assessment of candidate designs, testing and verification of system audio processing performance and capabilities.
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong customer and partner relationship building skills
- Requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Acoustics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar field
- Relevant Certifications
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required for this position
- US Citizenship required
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.