Leidos is looking for a Flight Controller to join our team in our Houston, TX office at Johnson Space Center, in the Flight Operations Directorate's, International Liaison Office. The Flight Controller will serve as an International Space Station (ISS) Flight Controller, supporting Mission Operations from Mission Control Center (MCC) - Houston and MCC-Moscow. Duties will require successfully completing the Russian Segment Specialist and Russian Interface Officer training and skill certification process, along with obtaining and passing a Flight Controller Physical.
This position requires shift work (nights, weekends, and holidays). The candidate must be able to support international travel to Moscow, Russia, a minimum of 70 days, no more than 180 days, in a calendar year.
The candidate must demonstrate the abilities to:
- maintain awareness of multiple technical situations and appropriately prioritize activities
- understand nominal and off-nominal operations for a technical system and its interaction(s) with other systems
- manage multiple issues at one time while still coming up with an integrated solution
- interface with MCC-M / MCC-H flight controller on the understanding of each partner's elements and how they relate to each other
- demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- plan, prioritize, and coordinate tasks and resolve issues within a team environment across multiple organizations
- perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science Degree, in Engineering (ABET), Mathematics, Physics, or in a similar field of study and a minimum of 8-12 years' experience.
- Candidate should be a self-starter who excels in a dynamic environment that requires him/her to work effectively both alone or as part of a team. Candidate must be able to apply technical knowledge and operations concepts to exercise effective decision making and initiative in a real-time and fast-paced operational environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, leadership, teamwork, technical, and administrative skills are mandatory. Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to plan, lead, and coordinate a wide range of tasks.
This position requires successful completion of a government background check before commencement of employment. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, the background check could take 12 to 18 months to complete.
- Ability to read and speak the Russian language.