Come be a part of our world-class team environment and join a solutions driven, dynamic organization!
Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to provide leadership and elevate team skills and experiences supporting Army Aerial Sensor Systems software capabilities and interfaces.
We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and applying their passion and domain expertise to the job. This position is located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Candidates must hold an active Secret security clearance for consideration.
The successful candidate will provide program management support for Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS), including resolution of Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs), operation/maintenance of Development Software Support Environments (DSSE), Certification and Accreditation/Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities, and familiarity with Agile and DevOps development approaches.
- plan, coordinate, and direct the administrative, program control, and technical personnel involved in providing services in fulfillment of the contract; provide guidance and subject matter expertise for concept designs, development, test, deployment, and sustainment; provide technical leadership in the IEW&S field of systems to support technical planning, integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness for total software systems;
- manage and control schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of all aspects of the contractual effort; provide direction for operations and ensure compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures; provide recommendations for resolution of technical problems; and provide management oversight to assigned program personnel, both Leidos and subcontractors, ensuring the highest quality of task completion and deliverables in accordance with the contract.
- must at all times be a role model to subordinate employees, be a workforce motivator, and be a provider of constructive criticism
The successful candidate should have the following required skill set:
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering, and 12 plus years of experience working on computer systems engineering and/or software development with functional experience managing and controlling cost, schedule, and performance of at least one major Army C4ISR project or program.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in Army C4ISR systems.
- Have knowledge and experience with DoD/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of software and computer resources for Army systems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% to support operational requirements.
- Must possess an active DOD Secret clearance and above, and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration: Experience with the IEW&S portfolio of Sensor Systems and associated platforms. Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS), Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) and Transition to Sustainment (T2S) processes. Army Acquisition Corps Level 2 certification in logistics, program management or information technology is highly desired as is a recognized industry equivalent professional certification.