Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are currently seeking one Computer Science Intern to work in the energy industry. The candidate is expected to work in a team setting to support the development of best practices relating to the review and evaluation of large datasets, data management, and Python code auditing.
Other assignments may include assisting with construction monitoring of power generating facilities, which may require visits to the project sites with more experienced staff, to document progress of construction in monthly reports; analysis of air emissions data from waste to energy test programs; distributed generation interconnection studies; reviewing flow diagrams and writing process descriptions.
• Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree with at least one year completed towards their undergraduate degree, or preferably a graduate student in an engineering program or related degree, and have at least a 3.0 GPA.
• Demonstrated leadership experience through community or campus involvement.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure. Clients will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, DOE, and EIA.