The Mission Solutions Operations within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is searching for a Capture Manager to focus on science and technology-related opportunities, responsible for winning new major business opportunities in the federal government marketplace. This role requires a highly resourceful and customer relations-oriented individual. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and re-compete business in this market and be capable of developing and maintaining customer and industry relationships in pursuit of new business. The position will report to the VP of Operations Business Development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The candidate's responsibilities include developing, maintaining and executing capture strategies and detailed capture plans (including call plans).
- Candidate must follow corporate processes for business development and capture management. This will include working closely with the responsible customer marketing lead, supporting the transition from marketing lead's opportunity identification into capture efforts, assembling a capture team and managing the capture team to successful contract bids and wins, contacting existing clients and partners, communicating the organization's core capabilities, and establishing internal and external teaming and managing bid and proposal funding.
- The candidate must be capable of developing (with SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities.
- Managing relationships with partners and corporate staff for proposed solution development.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews.
- Overseeing the proposal phase is also a primary responsibility.
- The capture manager is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins.
- The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes and must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
Experience & Education:
- A Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
- At least 7+ years of Capture Management/Business Development experience
- Proven record of winning large new business or re-compete opportunities greater than $50M
- The candidate must be an organized, aggressive, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in government contracting with excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience marketing capabilities to intelligence community customers
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Experience in supporting large business development programs focused on opportunity identification and development and long term strategy development
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with managers, peers and staff
- Proven record of success managing capture efforts within the Intelligence Community
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills
Clearance: Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.