The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Nuclear Powerplant Training Specialist to work at the Navy Nuclear Laboratory facility at Liberty Street in Schenectady, NY. This is an opportunity to use your experience to help Leidos support Fluor Marine Propulsion (FMP) LLC's support to the Navy's Training Program Conversion - Design project. In this project we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced Navy Nuclear Power technicians, and Navy Nuclear Propulsion subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) products used in the Navy's self-paced nuclear power plant training program. Candidate will be responsible to work with instructional designers, multimedia designers, and other nuclear Powerplant SMEs to develop technical training content that will be used as part of the Naval Nuclear Power Program (NNPP). Candidate will perform reviews of other experts' work and provide input on their operational experience and understanding of the manuals. Will be responsible for reading and understanding tasking from a project schedule to help support strict deadlines. Candidate will work as part of a geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary team.
- Bachelor's Degree, Technical or Engineering and 4 years experience; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 4 years experience in NNPP (Navy Nuclear Power Plant)
- Experience with the Naval Nuclear Power Training Program and be either a Mechanic or Engineering Watch Supervisor or Engineering Officer of the Watch. Must have S8G Background.
- Experience working as part of a virtual multi-disciplinary team.
- Self starter and able to work independently to strict deadlines.
- Active or current Final US Secret (or higher) security clearance to start work.
- 6 years of experience in NNPP
- Active or current DoE L or Q clearance is a plus.