The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Site Manager for the Towed Array Intermediate Maintenance Activity (TA IMA) program in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Leidos has an established site, providing direct fleet support of the towed acoustic systems installed on submarines and surface ships primarily out of Norfolk Virginia. This includes providing 24/7/365 worldwide casualty assistance (CASREP) support as tasked. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordination and execution of day to day site operations, including the coordination of the shipping & receipt, testing/troubleshooting, repair, and waterfront support of towed array evolutions (installation, removal, and testing) of submarine and surface ship towed sonar systems. They must ensure that all site equipment is regularly maintained and fully serviceable. The candidate will operate the facility in compliance with applicable NAVOSH regulations. They must establish and maintain an accurate inventory of Government-owned property held on site in accordance with program instructions and manage property control in accordance with the FAR. He or she must be able to effectively build relationships and communicate with various US Navy, DOD civilians, and DOD support contractors. The expectation is that the candidate will be a "working manager"; as such they must, with in twelve months of hire, complete standard program technical qualifications on the towed arrays and associated shipboard handling systems most frequently supported by the site up to and including the Pier-side Supervisor level. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. They will be responsible for the training, qualification plans and performance status of site personnel. They will be expected to travel as needed to attend meetings and/or to provide technical support services. Candidate offer will include a contingency of acceptance by the government of their resume/credentials as satisfactory for inclusion as key personnel.
- Bachelors Degree with 5 or more years experience or Masters Degree with 3 or more years experience. 4 additional years of directly related experience may offset the degree requirements.
- Two or more years of experience in a management position successfully providing leadership and guidance to personnel engaged in technically-oriented activities.
- Satisfactory, verifiable completion of technical school(s) or practical training including digital electronics and the use of standard electronic test equipment.
- Familiar with US Navy organization, communications and logistics processes.
- Practical experience in the use of Microsoft Office products (2010/2013).
- The ability to obtain and retain a Department of Defense security clearance at a Secret level. Must obtain a minimum of an interim Secret prior to commencement of employment.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a US Passport.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance