Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As a Senior Tier 2 Support Specialist, you will provide on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. In this position, you are expected to poses exceptional communication skills, technical, and analytical skills. This challenging position requires an individual with demonstrated experience in resolving technical client support in a service desk setting, ability to perform technical troubleshooting and provide data analysis to determine root causes of application issues. You will work closely with other members of the Customer Support Service team as well as Product Development team to remediate reported client issues in a timely and professional manner. The successful team player will be knowledgeable of all products and expected to be a contributor to new product features and product testing. You are expected to troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide in-person, hands-on assistance at the desktop level. As a senior member of the team, you are expected to provide coaching and review work of junior level staff assigned at the same customer location.
Under the direction of the Customer Service (Tier 2) Manager and Customer Service Support Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Provide primary technology support and training for building and district administrative, educational, and support staff via phone, email, or in-person and escalate issues as necessary.
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and test a variety of technology equipment in a multi-vendor environment to include but not limited to computer workstations, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
• Field incoming help requests from end users via service requests but as required also telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner and provide assistance in person as well as remotely.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, location, contact information, and nature of problem or issue within ITSM tool in the near real-time manner.
• Use logic and skills/training to properly perform hardware & software troubleshooting.
• Resolve issues quickly, and maintain a high level of end-user confidence.
• Perform software and hardware upgrades & repairs to existing equipment using current processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
• Train users on the proper use of hardware, software, and mobile devices.
• Monitor Backups and take appropriate corrective action whenever necessary.
• Monitor end user asset performance and take appropriate proactive corrective action whenever necessary.
• Generates, updates, and maintains technical support documentation and tools.
• Serves as key contact point (liaison) between Tier 1, and Tier 3 (Development).
• Identifies potential problems and understands when problems exist without being prompted.
• Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team.
• Responsible for investigating various computer hardware and software issues independently, with the assistance of peers, vendors, and manufacturer support.
• Develop new concepts and processes.
• Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
• Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities.
• Ability to work after hours or weekends on an as needed basis to provide support which includes the ability to be on-call for emergency support.
• BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years; Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience working with PC Hardware and Software
• Proficient in current Microsoft technologies including software, operating systems, group policy, etc.
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Outlook, Visio, Project, etc.) and Microsoft Windows (7, 8.1, 10) with the end users.
• Must be customer oriented. Solving customer problems in a timely manner, and informing the customer of problem resolution in a clear manner.
• Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Experience working in a mixed-platform environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience with various Windows or Mac products.
• Proficient in the elements required in implementing software applications including application installation and configuration, determining business requirements, data initialization, data migration, and system integration/data interface.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning and teaching new technologies.
• Ability to perform all tasks of lower level technicians is a must.
• Ability to multitask and follow escalation procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with all levels of staff and the customer.
• Competency in ServiceNow ITSM tool.
• A passion for quality and excellence.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional growth.
• Proven record of business automation and workflow process development.
• Technical Certifications in any one of: MCP, Dell/EMC, CompTia A+, Network+, Server+
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered