Leidos is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to lead marketing efforts for our Business Development and Sales Organization located in Reston, VA.
The job of Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of the marketing plans, including strategies to engage with target audiences and customers to enhance the brand, increase customer loyalty and retention, and support organizational and business development objectives. Some flexibility to telecommute.
• Coordinating and aligning activities with the Strategic Account Executives to support their initiatives at key industry events and coordinating the planning with group marketing leads for trade shows.
• Directing and leading the development of the marketing strategy and execution in a manner which supports business growth and enhances brand awareness.
• Managing messaging and positioning for product launches and go-to-market plans for products and solutions across vertical and horizontal market segments.
• Working with the digital team to manage the integration of the CRM tool with the Marketing Automation tool to derive better metrics from marketing investments and measure ROI and pipeline impact.
• Synthesizing and analyzing customer insights through market research, surveys and direct market touch points that are used to impact campaign performance.
• Working with senior executives in business development and sales to identify and develop high-impact sales tools such as white papers, brochures, fact sheets, presentations, case studies, business cases, blog articles, product demos, and sales playbooks to help improve sales win rates and shorten sales cycles.
• Assisting in preparing for and attending company trade shows, conferences, etc.; and preparing trade show booths and related conference hand-outs and marketing materials.
• Communicating the creation of new marketing content and thought leadership to the BD organization to ensure the most up to date content is being used.
• Developing a plan to support the BD organization's Tier 3 trade shows by educating and empowering the teams to leverage corporate investments.
• Working within Leidos brand guidelines to deliver a consistent messaging brand voice.
• Coordinating regularly with other Marketing Managers and corporate communications team to ensure consistent messaging across markets.
• Preparing regular executive briefings detailing marketing strategies and tactics with expected ROI, and briefing executive and BD teams on progress in regular cadence.
• Synthesizing business priorities from meetings and business review reports to develop marketing strategy.
• Executive interaction and concise correspondence.
• Negotiating with third party vendors and managing those relationships and associated billing requirements.
• Strong writing skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field and 8 years of general experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing
• Very strong writing skills.
• Graduate degree in related field preferred
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers, colleagues and senior executives
• Significant hands-on experience building and executing on marketing programs that leverage multiple channels to achieve marketing and business goals with measurable results.
• Significant knowledge of marketing communications best practices.
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to leverage both internal and external resources to build marketing content and marketing activities.
• A hands-on approach to problem-solving.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels.
• Ability to analyze data and information and make data-driven business decisions and/or recommendations.
• Passion for gaining customer insights and translating into effective upstream marketing strategies and implement action plans.
• Agency and/or project management experience of the creative process from project scope and objective setting, brief and program development through production.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadline.
• B2B and B2G marketing preferred.
• Self-motivated but works well in group environment.