Job Requisition:Sr. Electrical Engineer OCONUS
Leidos has an exciting OCONUS opportunity for a Sr. Electrical Engineer Located in Kuwait supporting the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM).
The successful and talented candidate will provide expertise to INSCOM and Intelligence Community worldwide sites on the electrical engineering aspects of the installation, modification, operation and maintenance of facilities, mission systems, and support systems, as well as provide building and facilities condition assessments for both electrical and mechanical systems including: Electrical Service and distribution systems (typically 480 Volt and below), Lighting, Receptacle and internal power distribution.
Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
Candidate will also have the following responsibility:
- Develop and implement various engineering plans for medium and low voltage systems to include developing specifications, cost estimates and designs for operations, maintenance and support requirement to maintain various facilities.
- Perform Electrical engineering power systems analysis calculations including, load calculation coordination, short circuit and arc flash.
- Design and provide guidance in the installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems and supported sites.
- Provide guidance for the mitigation of electromagnetic interference from and carried by electrical and power distribution systems.
- Review design specifications for facilities, and mission and support systems to verify technical correctness and compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Prepare designs, specifications and procedures for the installation, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Ensure the proper installation and operation of UPS for Information Technology (IT) and communications equipment at supported sites.
- Perform quality assurance of electrical construction at supported sites, ensuring the quality of workmanship and compliance with technical, construction and safety standards.
- Provide engineering input to the preparation of technical publications including INSCOM regulations and pamphlets.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 8 plus year’s divers engineering experience in medium or low voltage power electrical equipment’s, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
Candidate must have the ability to perform critical engineering reviews of Military Construction (MILCON) project data submissions, physical security requirements, and re-mediation programs.
Must have experience in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD), and Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems.
Must have knowledge of Electromagnetic Compatibility principles and how they apply to the installation and operation of ISR and support systems. Experience with uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) for ADP and communications equipment.
Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards is a must.
Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Must be willing to deployable to worldwide locations, in potentially hazardous work environments, to perform QRC/ technical support to US forces.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Electrical Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.