Leidos is looking for a Sr. Program Manager to serve as a deputy PM supporting a mission-critical program whose purpose is development, maintenance, modernization, enhancements, operations and maintenance services for CBP mission critical systems, such as the Traveler Enforcement Compliance System (TECS), Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), Land Border Initiative (LBI), Biometrics Entry/Exit, and Advanced Passenger Information Systems (APIS). This senior manager will support the Program Manager in building and directing a world-class team to support this national-scale program. The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the O&M elements of the program and will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact in the absence of the Program Manager with the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. He/she will provide the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all work requirements and task orders and manage and oversee all activities performed by contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy the contract requirements.
• Work collaboratively with the Program Manager (PM) to ensure successful program execution.
• Provide tactical direction to O&M teams to ensure efficient and timely program execution.
• Serve as technical and programmatic liaison to the Government with the authority to commit company resources when the program manager is unavailable.
• Organize, plan, schedule, implement, control, analyze, and report on all O&M related elements of the contract.
• Work with the Program Manager to implement long-term IT roadmap elements in conjunction with regular O&M activity..
• Present and discuss the status of contract activities, requirements, and problems during program reviews and in response to requests from the Government.
• Coordinate with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
• Perform hiring, supervision, and performance assessment.
• Identify, mitigate and control risks. Drive process improvement and innovation.
• Create plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements.
• Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors supporting O&M activities, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements.
• Plan/lead program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
• Maintain currency on relevant tools and technologies and provide inputs for white papers and proposals.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5 years of program management experience for large, complex programs of $100M total contract value or greater.
• Active Project Management Institute (PMI) Program Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent certification.
• Experience serving as a Program/Project Manager leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff (100 persons or more) of various labor categories and skills.
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and industry.
- 5+ years' experience managing a 24x7 software O&M and multi-tier help desk contract that supports multiple user-facing applications
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with government partners to prioritize multiple competing priorities to maintain multiple applications while simultaneously implementing desired system enhancements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.