This role provides technical expertise with developing and executing automated testing scripts as part of a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps pipeline. This role performs software development to implement scripts, evaluate test results, and implement a feedback loop in a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Participate in program Agile software development initiatives (standup, planning, Increment planning) to support innovation and enhancement of custom applications through iteration/functionality testing
- Participate and collaborate with team members to assess StoryPoint/complexity efforts (using best practices) to ensure proper testing and delivery of functionality per User Story Acceptance Criteria
- Collaborate with team members (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Software Developers) to develop test approaches with emphasis on automation of recurring/regression test cases through selected toolsets
- Develop test validation scripts using program designated languages (ex: Python)
- Develop automated test cases using knowledge of custom Applications through designated GUI/COTS products (ex: Selenium and Katalon Studio)
- Leverage DevOps practices to ensure repeatability and Configuration Management of test cases/scripts are maintained the continuously improved
- Develop and document end-to-end functionality test case narratives using task management system (JIRA/Confluence)
- Generate test data and identify use/corner cases required to meet User Story/Customer needs
- Support performance testing/evaluation activities using tools such as Jmeter
- Perform job duties within Commercial cloud development environment using
- Proficient with common Agile practices and DevOps development practices
- Direct experience with scripting languages (ex: Python) to automate tasks
- Direct experience in test data/script development
- Knowledge of or direct experience with software performance testing practices
- Direct experience with creation, authoring, execution and documentation of test cases/result sets for software products in an agile cadence
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
- Experience working/testing within Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex: AWS) and DevOps tools
- Demonstrated ability to work within agile team collaborative environment with ability to execute test cases complimentary to development efforts
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Working knowledge of SAFe Agile, its goals and practices
- Direct/previous experience with performance testing using Jmeter
- Direct/previous experience with software testing using Katalon Studio/Recorder products
- Direct/previous experience working within AWS Cloud environments utilizing DevOps tools (GitHub, BitBucket, Jenkins)
- Experience with SAFe development practices
- Previous experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have BS with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or MS with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
Candidate must be US Citizen.