The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Research Scientist for its Research Support Services (RSS) contract for the Department of Energy's (DOE) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL). NETL is a DOE national laboratory that produces technological solutions for America's energy challenges. The candidate will focus on demonstrating improvements in critical process controller and quantifying condition monitoring indications using on-line System Identification techniques on laboratory power generation equipment and PC boiler systems.
- Analyze data using data analytics to extract critical linkages between performance and operations.
- Develop test plans to demonstrate on-line system identification on laboratory power equipment
- Develop case studies drawing analogy between coal fired power plant and NETL laboratory power system
- Present ideas and results to research team.
- Work independently and collaboratively with members of the research team to meet milestones and deliverables.
- Lead efforts in writing research papers and creating conference presentations.
- MS degree from an accredited university with 2-6 years of experience.
- The candidate must possess deep understanding of the fundamental principles, theories, practices, and established methodology of engineering, chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- The candidate must be able to communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.).
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Experience with coal and coal fired power systems, multivariable analysis, dynamic modeling, and/or automation and control.
- Skills such as programming using C and/or Python, use of statistical software R, JMP, Sigmaplot, programming with Matlab/Simulink, or other.
- Excellent communication skills.