Leidos has a career opening for a Technical Service Desk Team Lead at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), provides, operates, and assures command and control of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the warfighter, national leaders and other mission and coalition partners across the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) team provides 24x7 global DoD information network (DoDIN) operations and incident management support.
- This position leads a team of Technical Service Desk Leads and Queue Masters responsible for the operational oversight and trouble ticket lifecycle management for the contractor staff supporting 24/7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) at Scott AFB.
- Deliver direct technical support to government customer.
- Maintain awareness of Government priorities for the contract support staff and ensure the operations of the GSMO Shift Controllers, within multiple technology groups, are aligned with the customer requirements.
- Guide collaboration between TSD team and the other functional managers (O&M, RF, CM, DCCC, & Engineering) and senior NOC management to ensure functional processes and procedures are monitored and adhered to.
- Provide situational awareness to government customer on a variety of technology based issues impacted the DoD networking systems and ensures GSMO leadership is aware of highly visible network outages.
- Ensure efficiency by identifying areas of improvement and developing procedural changes that enables the Government to attain integrated outcomes that are effective.
- Mitigate risks by ensuring staff meet and exceed contractual requirements by directly interacting with operations team.
- Assign tasks to contractor personnel, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance identified by the customer.
- Develop and enforce roles and responsibilities for the Queue Master team to ensure ticket queues are monitored, updated, and analyzed to validate that the next actions are clear and concise to ensure contract performance goals are met
- Guide team to maintain a working knowledge of high visibility customer tickets validating quality and timely updates are made.
- Utilize report data to direct the team to identify and correct non-compliant tickets.
- Review and validate tickets are following published processes to include templates, notifications, and updating timelines.
- Coordinate and assign daily workload to technicians for resolution of incidents.
- Collaborate with leads in all functional areas to restore services to customers more quickly.
- Provide situational awareness updates to both customer and contract leadership for all high visibility issues and tickets.
- Coordinate with all functional areas to ensure government requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of overall related experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Prior experience overseeing staff and diverse technologies to include NOC Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Network Engineers 24x7x365.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- ITIL certification.
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent).
External Referral Eligible