The Radar and Electronics Warfare Group at Leidos in Ridgecrest, CA is seeking a well-qualified and experienced Engineering Technician. This opportunity is associated with our Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Range (AEWTTR) Program. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties including Assembly, Production, Installation, Integration, Testing and Troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical/logical subsystems and systems for complex Radar, Electronic Warfare, Instrumentation and Communications Systems used by US and Allied Training and Test & Evaluation Ranges.
Responsible for providing Engineering Technical support to engineers and manufacturing personnel on technical projects and/or products. Duties include collecting, maintaining, organizing, compiling, and manipulating technical data as well as creating, building, assembling, installing, integrating, testing, troubleshooting, modifying, and repairing prototype and production electrical/mechanical/logical systems related to Radar, Electronic Warfare, Instrumentation and Communications Systems. Additional duties include accessing and manipulating databases of parts, materials and drawings in order to prepare Material Requests and to create/kit/process Travelers in accordance with assigned Work Packages.
- Requires a High School Diploma and 3+ years relevant experience or AA/AS and 1+ years relevant experience related to creating, building, assembling, installing, integrating, testing, troubleshooting, modifying, and repairing prototype and production electrical/mechanical/logical systems.
- Requires knowledge of specialized tools and equipment such as Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, and Signal Generators for the purpose of creating, building, assembling, installing, integrating, testing, troubleshooting, modifying, and repairing electrical/mechanical/logical systems.
- Requires experience soldering wires, connectors, and circuit boards.
- Requires experience assembling electrical connectors, cables, subassemblies, assemblies, subsystems and systems typically found in military platforms and equipment.
- Requires ability to read, understand and interpret detailed electrical/mechanical/logical line drawings, assembly drawings, schematics, and work packages either in hardcopy or electronic/database formats.
- Requires ability to gain certification as Certified electrical solderer.