Leidos has an exciting OCONUS opportunity for a Sr. Electrical Engineer Located in Kuwait supporting the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM).
The successful and talented candidate will provide expertise to INSCOM and Intelligence Community worldwide sites on the electrical engineering aspects of the installation, modification, operation and maintenance of facilities, mission systems, and support systems, as well as provide building and facilities condition assessments for both electrical and mechanical systems including: Electrical Service and distribution systems (typically 480 Volt and below), Lighting, Receptacle and internal power distribution.
Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
Candidate will also have the following responsibility:
- Develop and implement various engineering plans for medium and low voltage systems to include developing specifications, cost estimates and designs for operations, maintenance and support requirement to maintain various facilities.
- Perform Electrical engineering power systems analysis calculations including, load calculation coordination, short circuit and arc flash.
- Design and provide guidance in the installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems and supported sites.
- Provide guidance for the mitigation of electromagnetic interference from and carried by electrical and power distribution systems.
- Review design specifications for facilities, and mission and support systems to verify technical correctness and compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Prepare designs, specifications and procedures for the installation, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Ensure the proper installation and operation of UPS for Information Technology (IT) and communications equipment at supported sites.
- Perform quality assurance of electrical construction at supported sites, ensuring the quality of workmanship and compliance with technical, construction and safety standards.
- Provide engineering input to the preparation of technical publications including INSCOM regulations and pamphlets.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 8 plus year's divers engineering experience in medium or low voltage power electrical equipment's, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
Candidate must have the ability to perform critical engineering reviews of Military Construction (MILCON) project data submissions, physical security requirements, and re-mediation programs.
Must have experience in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD), and Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems.
Must have knowledge of Electromagnetic Compatibility principles and how they apply to the installation and operation of ISR and support systems. Experience with uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) for ADP and communications equipment.
Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards is a must.
Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Must be willing to deployable to worldwide locations, in potentially hazardous work environments, to perform QRC/ technical support to US forces.