Telecommunications Support for AFSS Program
43881 Devin Shafron Drive, Ashburn VA 20147
Provides technical analysis in Telecommunications network planning, engineering, design and support for a 24 x 7 x 365 FAA Flight Service General Aviation infrastructure. Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to Telecommunications network problems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of Telecommunications networking and Telephony hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as Channel Banks, DNX Panels, Digital PBX systems, DS0/DS1, Analog/Digital Test Equipment.
Responsible for "Break/Fix" on all FS21 operational and LAB Telecommunication equipment and systems as directed by the AFSS NOC Ticketing System. Responsible for all software configuration support within the facility for Telecommunications hardware.
Work as part of a larger team designing, installing, and supporting a new Telecommunication architecture for the AFSS Program. Candidate must have solid background in supporting Telecommunication networks and the various hardware solutions employed as well as associated Telecommunications test equipment.
Statement of Work for Telecommunications Support
• Provide daily operational support to existing Nationwide Telecommunications network
• Provide assistance to ongoing research and development of new telecommunications systems
• Perform coordinated testing of out of service equipment (Voice Frequencies, G/G Circuits, DS0/DS1/DS3 Transport circuits
• Perform configurations changes to accommodate ongoing system upgrades on Telecommunication equipment (Channel Banks, DNX Panels, and Digital PBX systems
• Analyze new software configurations from PBX Vendors in LAB environment
• Teamwork with other Telecommunication engineers to research and develop/deploy new Telecommunication technologies into production environments
• Utilize existing Sunrise and GL Communications test equipment to identify, isolate, and return to service any identified circuit outages.
Typically requires Bachelor of Science and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
Digital Voice Communication Equipment implementation and support experience.
Telecommunications Analog/Digital network Maintenance
Solid background in Telecommunications Network installation and Support
5+ Years of solid diverse Telecommunication support to enterprise networks.
Generally M-F, 8 Hour Shift, 40 Hours per week
Be able to support emergency & off Hours Support
Critical Maintenance Window (Scheduled) 10:00pm to 6:00am, M-Th
Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency) 24 x 7, M- S