If the following sounds like you - we want you on our team.
"I'm a naturally curious Product Designer with a deep passion for problem solving and understanding my customers. I have a demonstrated experience designing UI and customer experiences for mobile and web based applications. I work with Product Owners or stakeholder to understand the problem we're trying to solve with new or existing features and then seek to understand the user needs through collaborative design, market research, analyzing user data, and user interviews or surveys. I regularly meet with the agile team to understand the needs of the business and technical aspects involved with the problem as well as defend the needs of the users, if necessary. My UIX process may begin with sketches or, if it is a simple problem, move on to wires or even mockups. Once an initial solution has been defined, I typically pair with developers to help ensure it's implemented as expected, or build out the changes myself if they are purely front end."
- Identifying and understanding user roles / personas
- Engaging with the product owner, stakeholders, users and user representatives to understand the needs
- Defining user scenarios, storyboards and workflows
- Analyzing information needs and data flows
- Lead design workshops to quickly and efficiently develop workflows, wireframes and other user interface design artifacts
- Developing wireframes and prototypes for web applications and mobile software
- Reviewing designs with product owners, stakeholders, users and user representatives to get feedback
- Develop and maintain UI/UIX design standards or guidelines
- Working closely with other agile team members to support the implementation of user interface designs
- Performing usability testing for each agile iteration, where applicable
- Ability to work across and support different agile teams - with possibly conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated experience designing the user experience for web based applications and mobile software
- Proven ability to translate user stories and requirements into user friendly software user interfaces
- Solid technical understanding of software technologies, especially HTML5, responsive design, and mobile app design.
- Previous experience working within an agile team delivering releases in short term, focused, iterative cycles
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with wire framing and prototyping tools such as Balasmiq or MockPlus
- Experience in graphical design of user interfaces
- Experience managing graphical design projects through crowdsourcing, including management of design contests and one-on-one projects
- Prior experience working in a matrix organization