The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Test Engineer, BAT-A (Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army) with a DoD Secret clearance, located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. You will support the CECOM Software Engineering Center contract performing Transition and Post Production Software Sustainment for the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) system.
In this role, you will report to the Leidos BAT-A Technical Lead at the BAT-A Software Engineering Environment in APG, MD. You will perform computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. Expertise in testing military software applications and operating systems is required.
-Test software applications and operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental test procedures and test plans for new and/or modified products or product components;
- Ability to debug and review software source code for software applications, and operating systems written in Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML;
- Develop and enhance software tools, simulators, and emulators;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
Basic Job Qualifications:
-A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Electronics Engineering, or any other Scientific, or Technical discipline with 5+ years of demonstrated experience in software and test engineering
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Must have experience writing, interpreting, and executing test procedures, test plans, system requirements specifications, and software requirements
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of experience debugging and reviewing software source code for software applications, and operating systems written in one of the following; Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, or XML
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with software.
- Experience performing software coding with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, or XML
- Experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Interest in, or experience with Software Configuration Management
- Security + or similar certification a plus
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, Sensor and Surveillance Systems, or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral, and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, and/or in a team environment.