Job Requisition:Senior Defense Acquisition Analyst
Conduct research on aspects of weapon systems acquisition programs, processes, and contexts. Position requires the applications of advanced qualitative and quantitative analytic methods. Position requires experience in the US weapons systems acquisition process, and an understanding of the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System. This expertise is requisite to the conduct of technical research and analysis of various national security and military issues on a regional basis. A requisite requirement is the ability to immediately contribute to the process of preparing and delivering analytical products to personnel in the US government.
Conduct technical research and analysis; prepare briefings and technical reports, brief DoD and IC customers on research and findings. Interact with Government personnel in meetings and seminars.
- An advanced degree in National Security Studies, International Studies, Operations Research, Systems Analysis, or equivalent disciplines.
- 15+ years military experience, including assignments in the US weapon system acquisition process at the OSD, Service, or Program Office level.
- Knowledgeable of day-to-day military operations within DoD; Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a diverse team of highly trained technical analysts.
- Strong career interest in national security studies. Excellent analytic, research, and writing skills required to provide technical and non-technical material. Comfortable in preparing and delivering detailed, oral presentations derived from research and analysis to senior DOD officials.
Job is located in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Graduate of the Industrial College of the Armed Forces. Understanding of regional issues from a military planning and strategic perspective. Experience in the Pacific region is desired.
Security Clearance Information:
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and meet one of three security clearance criteria: 1) have an active SECRET clearance; 2) have SECRET eligibility based on a previous access debrief date within the last two years; or, 3) accept an offer based on a contingency that they must be able to obtain Interim SECRET clearance within 45 days from date of the offer.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.