No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Enterprise Virtualization Engineer with experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Windows Platform Services Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide VMWare and Azure Engineering and Systems Administrator Services and manage, operate and maintain these systems at the customer site.
This program supports DOJ Enterprise Infrastructure Services with over 1000 Virtual Servers, with tie-ins to approximately 20 sub-components/offices. This includes interfacing with the other components, as well as all other Security, Network, Desktop, and similar operational teams and groups.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Troubleshoot VMWare and Azure connectivity and management issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work methodically through these stressful events. Provide recommendations to optimize Virtual Systems operation and performance.
- Support requirements from the customer and to engineer, optimize and maintain the VMWare and Azure Environments. This work may be done independently or as part of a team. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Candidate should have experience with the latest or relatively recent version of VMWare, as well as with Azure.
- Architect, deploy and maintain a Azure Gov cloud environment based upon Microsoft best practices
- Architect, deploy and maintain a VMWare on-prem environment based upon VMWare best practices
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository;
- Engineer and deploy architectures, tools, VMs, services related to VMWare and Azure
- Support other teams, members, and components with infrastructure pieces tied to the virtual environment
- Communicate with peers, customers and leadership
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree (or sufficient documented experience) in a relevant technical discipline and 10 years of overall related experience supporting VMWare and Azure
- Senior Level hands-on knowledge of VMWare and Azure is required for this position.
- Sr Azure/VMWare Virtualization engineer with experience in a Iaas/PaaS environment highly desired
- BOTH preferred. Nominal substitution for HyperV and AWS may be permitted.
- Ability to Architect, Engineer, Optimize, Maintain and Administer the VMWare and Azure environments.
- Provide Tier 3 support for Virtualization platforms to the IT Service Desk
- Architect, deploy, and maintain a local clustered VMWare Datacenter, and an Azure Gov Cloud environment including all related components, settings, and services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and VMWare solution stacks in on-prem, cloud, and hybrid environments
- Strong Powershell/scripting and VMWare ESXCLI automation experience
- Experience with Azure Site Recovery, Azure AD, OMS
- Experience with advanced VMWare services and settings
- VCP Certification
- MCSE Certification
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- Customer interface experience - all levels
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
- This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the DOJ to permit access to customer-sensitive but unclassified information.
- Experience with 0365 preferred
- Experience with Exchange preferred
- VMWare VCenter
- Citrix and\\or VDI experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and newer
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 and newer
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 R2 and newer
- Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Microsoft Azure Backup
- Symantec End-Point Protection 14 and newer
- Veritas NetBackup 8.0 and newer
- Veritas Enterprise Vault 12 and newer
- NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) 9.1 and newer
- NetIQ Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) 4.3 and newer
- Manage certificate integration with multiple Certificate Authorities (CA)
- Routing, switching, or other networking skills useful, especially as related to Azure or Virtual Networking
- Migrations and upgrades, including in place VMWare, on-prem to cloud, cloud to cloud, and other operating system and DB systems