Job Requisition:Logistics Manager
The Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Transportation and Logistics area currently has an opening for a Logistics Manager in Centennial, CO. The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the coordination of logistics for the Antarctic Infrastructure and Modernization for Science (AIMS) construction project to support the mission of the National Science Foundation (NSF). The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the AIMS subcontractors, ASC T&L group, NSF staff/managers and coordinating the logistics requirements and functions required to support the construction project. The Manager will coordinate all logistical efforts in conjunction with ASC’s ongoing activities to ensure the efforts go according to plan, schedule and budget.
Specific duties shall include:
- Serve as primary point of contact for AIMS subcontractor for coordinating logistics needs.
- Attend Project Coordination meetings held by ASC, NSF, AIMS subcontractors.
- Document and distribute project scope and logistical requirements to teams.
- Coordinate with remote logistics team in Port Hueneme, CA for status updates, container requirements, customer issue resolution requests, PO delivery schedules, materials processing issues
- Develop/refine logistics concept of operations for the various phases of the AIMS construction project.
- Travel to project sites (Port Hueneme, CA and McMurdo Station Antarctica) will be required.
- Coordinate project resources and plan long range materials delivery and remote laydown areas.
- Day to day POC with the customer for active projects.
- Liaise with subcontractors’ shipping departments to expedite flow of materials and goods into the Port Hueneme, CA hub location for receipt, processing and packaging for onward movement to McMurdo Station.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in technical or management field.
- Possess 5+ years of experience with Integrated Logistics Support, Remote Site Logistics Support, Intermodal shipping
- High attention to detail combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must for this position.
- Experience with remote/austere logistics chains
- Experience in Supply Chain Management is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.