The Gov't Health & Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos Health Group has an opening for a Vice President, in charge of the Health & Human Services (HHS) Divisions. Primary work location for this position is Bethesda/Rockville MD, but other locations in the D.C. area may be considered for the preferred candidate. Some local and regional travel is expected, as there are multiple office locations included in this organization.
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President of the Gov't Health & Safety Solutions Operation, the HHS Division VP provides strategic direction for the HHS portfolio and line management oversight of all Leidos business contracts performed within HHS and its operating divisions, with the exception of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Leidos Biomedical Research (LBR). The current business annual run rate for this division is approximately $175 million in revenue a year. As the lead VP overseeing the HHS business, this person will manage a combination division managers, and other staff to achieve business and operational results consistent with the Gov't Health & Safety Solutions Operation's Annual Operation Plan (AOP). The total number of staff (employees and subcontractors) is greater than 1000 supporting more than 30 programs. Services performed in support of the HHS portfolio include but are not limited to Agile software design and development, system deployments, infrastructure services, end user support, data sciences, life sciences, and other health information services.
- Provide strategic direction and strategy to action plan for the HHS portfolio
- Work collaboratively with Business Development organization and other sales support personnel to achieve business growth targets within HHS account base.
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that will raise the bar on our current contracts and enable growth in adjacent markets
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators of the organizations' AOP commitment.
- Provide operational oversight and coaching to division managers
- Manage indirect budgets to plan
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity with all programs and maintain Leidos positive brand recognition throughout HHS
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance, including the identification and development of future leaders in Leidos.
- Manage organizational compliance with Leidos policies and procedures
- By personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the Health Group. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration.
- Actively engage in strategic initiatives within the Civil Health Operation and Leidos Health Group to support the success of the entire organization.
- Provide backup support to Sr. Vice President of the Gov't Health & Safety Solutions Operation as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience running a significant portfolio of programs within the federal market
- Knowledge and experience in managing multiple contract types (CPFF, FFP, FPLOE, T&M, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow all aspects of a business area successfully including customers, people, programs, financials, and new business over multiple years
- Proven successful track record of achieving on contract growth (OCG) and winning recompetes, takeaways, and new business within the HHS market
- Demonstrated experience to effectively engage a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization
- Prior experience of collaboration efforts outside the organization
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and foster the organizational high potential talent to achieve career growth opportunities at higher levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations for win / win results
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Master's Degree preferred in business administration or within health related field.
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding "go to market" solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the HHS account.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution
- Strong knowledge of contract vehicles most frequently utilized for HHS business, such as CIO-SP3, GSA IT70, MOBIS, and GSA BPAs.
- Knowledge of large, small, and "other than small" competition in the HHS market, along with their strengths and vulnerabilities
- Experience with breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics
- Existing positive relationships in the HHS account base.