The Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Transportation and Logistics area currently has an opening for a Logistics Manager in Centennial, CO. The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the coordination of logistics for the Antarctic Infrastructure and Modernization for Science (AIMS) construction project to support the mission of the National Science Foundation (NSF). The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the AIMS subcontractors, ASC T&L group, NSF staff/managers and coordinating the logistics requirements and functions required to support the construction project. The Manager will coordinate all logistical efforts in conjunction with ASC's ongoing activities to ensure the efforts go according to plan, schedule and budget.
Specific duties shall include:
- Serve as primary point of contact for AIMS subcontractor for coordinating logistics needs.
- Attend Project Coordination meetings held by ASC, NSF, AIMS subcontractors.
- Document and distribute project scope and logistical requirements to teams.
- Coordinate with remote logistics team in Port Hueneme, CA for status updates, container requirements, customer issue resolution requests, PO delivery schedules, materials processing issues
- Develop/refine logistics concept of operations for the various phases of the AIMS construction project.
- Travel to project sites (Port Hueneme, CA and McMurdo Station Antarctica) will be required.
- Coordinate project resources and plan long range materials delivery and remote laydown areas.
- Day to day POC with the customer for active projects.
- Liaise with subcontractors' shipping departments to expedite flow of materials and goods into the Port Hueneme, CA hub location for receipt, processing and packaging for onward movement to McMurdo Station.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in technical or management field.
- Possess 5+ years of experience with Integrated Logistics Support, Remote Site Logistics Support, Intermodal shipping
- High attention to detail combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must for this position.
- Experience with remote/austere logistics chains
- Experience in Supply Chain Management is a plus