Provides professional customer service support to independently assess and respond to a broad range of customer technical inquiries. By following standard procedures when available, or performing ad hoc problem diagnosis and troubleshooting, answer and manage incoming calls/emails from a variety of sources. Customer service support personnel must act proactively, independently and without close oversight to provide professional, courteous, resourceful support to all incoming inquiries. Personnel must be proficient in relevant technologies, computer applications, customer service principles and practices. Attention to detail is necessary to manage complexity of calls.
- Answer calls frequently and professionally
- Independently apply new skills and techniques to resolve user issues when standard procedures don't exist
- Proactively develop new standard procedures for use by other customer support personnel when needed
- Respond to inquiries independently, without close supervision
- Provide managers with requested information in a timely manner
- Complete customer service logs/reporting
- Interact with Program Offices and management
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to conduct effective and efficient transactions with customers
- Must be able to possess a calm and reassuring telephone manner
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements with multiple tasks and priorities with independent judgment and creative thinking
- Intermediate computer skills; proven experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Working knowledge of world geography
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 to 4 years as a Customer Service Representative, or 4 additional years' of experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn/adapt/apply new skills and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to close on issues.
- Experience or working knowledge of Customer Relations Management Systems or similar helpdesk tracking applications - Ability to independently perform and recognize trends of data for tickets
- Active TS/SCI with Poly