The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Desktop/Server Support Specialist at The Pentagon, National Capital Region.
JOB SUMMARY: Executive Desktop Support Technician in support of the AFNCR IT Services program. The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- Build and maintain servers.
- Monitor servers and SAN Storage via Veritas.
- Perform software installs per customer request.
- Responsible for Refresh of IT equipment.
- Provide IT briefs to senior AF Leaders during Orientations, Exercises or Real World Events.
- Provide all levels of desktop support.
- Utilize Remedy for customer support request.
- Test and troubleshoot Secure Phones.
- On Call 24/7
- High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Currently possess a minimum DOD_8570 IAT2 certification .
- Currently possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher.
- Working knowledge of Remedy and building reports for SLA Management.
- Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders in a faced paced environment.