Job Requisition:Senior Communications Systems Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Communications Systems Engineer who specializes in C4I Systems (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Senior C4I Communications Systems Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- Shall be fully conversant with the equipment, facilities and installations in use in the RSAF or have had experience on equipment, facilities, installations or systems of the similar type and generation in a military environment.
- Shall be capable of instructing RSAF personnel and producing training material and provide On- the-Job training.
- Shall have experience with all aspects of ground radios, having experience on HF, VHF, UHF, line- of-sight including associated multiplexing and terminal equipment, Land Mobiles, multi-channel Tape Recorders and Pager Equipment.
- Fully conversant with all modern methods of communication, including satellite and fiber optics. Shall have experience with Key telephone systems, Main distribution Frames, IDF, Voice Conditioning equipment, Multiplexes, Data Modems, LAN/WAN equipment, Remote Maintenance Administration and Traffic Systems (RMATS), and PABXs (Analogue/Digital, Stored Program Controlled).
- Shall be fully conversant with SATCOM including Uplink, downlink, RF, DAMA, NCS, Multiplex, Modems, Antenna Tracking system, and other equipment in use in the RSAF or have had experience on similar equipment or systems of the same generation.
- Shall have “hands-on” experience with High Power Amplifiers (HPAs), LNAs, Up-converters, Down Converters, as well as Audio, Video and Data transmissions via satellites.
- Experience with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of one of the RSAF communications system is required or two (2) years’ experience in developing and/or supporting the current RSAF C2 Communications Network.
- Supports the RSAF Officer-in-Charge by:
- Actively advising and assisting in all aspects of his/her specialty.
- Continuously monitoring of all RSAF training in his/her specialty and recommending improvements.
- Training RSAF Engineering Officers and Warrant Officers in practical and theory.
- Producing adequate engineering training material in his/her specialty.
- Performing maintenance in his/her specialty, as required.
- Providing support and advice to the RSAF for maintaining the Communication systems and all interface connectivity.
- Participating in modification and enhancement proposals and upgrades to the Comms. Systems.
- Shall have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and certifications for specialized communication system training.
- Shall have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the communication field with emphasis on communication disciplines needed for Command and Control and Air Defense Systems.
- U.S. DoD Security Clearance – Secret preferred.
- Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Technical Trainer2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.