Job Requisition:Senior Information and Communications (ICT) Systems Engineer (C4I Systems)
Leidos is seeking a Senior Information and Communications (ICT) Systems Engineer who specializes in C4I Systems (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Senior C4I ICT Systems Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- C4I Senior ICT Systems Engineer shall have a minimum of fifteen (15) years diverse experience in IT, Telecommunications, and C4I Systems to include system and product level architecture, design, and engineering experience.
- Shall have a thorough knowledge of the most up-to-date IT and Telecommunications Technologies and a complete understanding of TDM, Cell Based, and Packet Based communications Technologies.
- Shall have comprehensive understanding of PDH, SDH, ATM, and IP protocols and technologies and various switching technologies. Likewise, the candidate shall have full understanding of various IT technologies (computing platforms, operating environments, databases, web technologies, etc.)
- Shall have experience in developing requirements, writing Statements of Requirements, Statements of Works, etc.
- Shall have individual hands-on experience as well as experience in managing and leading teams of various sizes to achieve technical objectives.
- Shall have project management experience and be able to lead/guide project management teams through various IT and /or Telecom project implementations.
- Shall have knowledge of legacy PABX and modern IP Based PABX technologies and products and the ability to design/architect as to how to evolve the legacy systems into the modern systems.
- Shall have knowledge of various software applications and experience with software that supports telecommunication systems.
- Shall have experience in performing analysis and deriving MTBF, MTTR, etc., based on historical maintenance data, FIT rates or field data and have familiarity using Markov models and series/parallel models in determining systems’ level reliability/availability analysis.
- Shall be knowledgeable about ITIL, eTOM, TMN, and other frameworks or standards.
- Shall have experience in process development/process re-engineering.
- Shall possess excellent communications skills including writing, as well as oral communications skills with large or small audiences.
- Shall have a positive attitude and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Supports the RSAF Officer-in-Charge by:
- Actively advising and assisting the Section Director (Center Director) in all technical as well as non-technical matters.
- Fully supporting, when required, the activities at the DECC Directorate Level.
- Initiating, Coordinating, reviewing, and participating in a wide variety of IT, Telecom, and C4I technical, operational, and training related initiatives/activities for improving the C4I Environment.
- Studying existing systems and operations so as to identify new systems or system upgrades, then manage improvement from early stages of implementation to completion.
- Developing, proposing or reviewing System Architecture/Design for IT, Telecom and/or C4I Systems/Equipment so that there is an optimum fit with the existing RSAF C4I Systems.
- Leading technical teams for improving and upgrading RSAF C4I.
- Taking initiative by himself rather than awaiting specific direction.
- Performing analysis to determine measures for successful C4I operations.
- Provide briefings on technical C4I matters.
- Guiding other associates in improving the RSAF C4I System.
- Shall have a Master of Science degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering from a reputable American or European institution.
- The candidate shall have a minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience in fielding and managing communications systems, with a minimum of 3 years supporting an Air Force (RSAF preferred) at the Wing or the Headquarters.
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering from a reputable American or European institution is highly desirable.
- U.S. DoD Security Clearance – Secret preferred.
- Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.